November 27, 2013

my mountain is waiting

2013, a year I'd like erased from my memory, is thankfully almost over.  I've abandoned MyDogParty for good.  It's going to be out with the old and in with the new...

January 1, 2014, I am beginning a new blog, a no frills kind of place where I can write and post pretty photos and that's pretty much it (okay, a video or two as well).  It will be a similar place and yet very much unlike this blog.  It will be centered around one goal of mine - to get back up Mt. Baldy on my bike.  That will be my only goal next year and it means much much more than a six hour ride in the saddle to me.  I'm over 40, and in lieu of enjoying this decade to my fullest, thus far, I've been stuck on the side of the road like some sad, middle-aged, lost hitchhiker thumbing for any ride I can get. 

That is going to change.

Through dedication to training by bike and foot (hiking will continue too!; and the gym!), I plan to regain what I've carelessly lost.  MyDogParty had the underlying theme of gratitude attached to it.  My Mountain is Waiting will expand on that to include the theme: don't ever take anything for granted.  Expect less whining, less personal rumination and far more optimism.  I will tell it honestly and include the good, the bad and the ugly, but I'm not going to be licking my wounds via written word anymore.  I've got too little time for too big a goal to waste a single minute on regret or self pity (and, finally, I'm going to give the weight loss quest a rest! - it will simply be a part of the journey and not something I obsess over like some dog trying to find a buried bone).

I have a lot of fitness to regain and miles to make up...my mountain is waiting.

Should you wish to read all about it, please visit me here at roadchickie.blogspot.com.


1 comment:

Fizzgig said...

you gotta do what moves you...and best of luck on that mountain!!

Subscribe Now: